Popular Coffee Shops in Solon

A+Solon+student%E2%80%99s+coffee+during+hybrid+school%0APicture+Credits-+Jaclyn+Rzepka+

A Solon student’s coffee during hybrid school Picture Credits- Jaclyn Rzepka

Jaclyn Rzepka, Contributing Writer

Coffee is consumed and sold every day and is an essential staple for many. Over 10% of the human population depends on coffee for full or partial daily survival. This  is because coffee is full of caffeine which affects dopamine in the brain. People can become reliant on coffee because the caffeine creates a “happy” effect that can stimulate energy, alertness, and overall well-being.  

12 billion pounds of coffee are consumed annually around the globe a year. Coffee is a popular commodity that can range anywhere from $2-8 depending on the store and location.

There are many spots in Solon for coffee. Dunkin’ Donuts is located right off of SOM Center Rd and offers a variety of food and drinks to their customers. Their menu ranges from handcrafted espresso drinks to all-day breakfast sandwiches and much more. Senior Grace Kasper goes to Dunkin’ at least twice a week.

“Dunkin’ has the best iced coffee,” Kasper said. “They always put the perfect ratio of creamer and coffee. They also always have different great deals. On Monday you can get any size iced coffee for just $2. I save so much money compared to Starbucks, it’s crazy.”

Dunkin’ Donuts sells more than 1.9 billion cups of hot and iced coffee globally a year. Along with Dunkin’, Starbucks is another very popular coffee shop in Solon that has a drive-thru. Starbucks has sold over 4 billion cups of hot and iced coffee globally last year. Junior Allie Maersch talks about her favorite Starbucks order, as well as the benefits of the drive-thru.

“My go-to order has always been an Iced Caramel Macchiato with a birthday cake pop on the side,” Maersch said. “I love the convenience of pulling up to the drive-thru window right after I place my order, and not having to get out of my car on the cold winter mornings.”

Panera has an unlimited coffee pass for $8.99 a month, and is very popular among the Solon community. The store has been around for a while and is constantly busy. Over 750,000 people in America have signed up for this membership. Senior Robbie Phillips is one student with a membership to Panera.

“Panera is always quick and easy,” Phillips said. “I walk in and order, and less than five minutes later I am sitting down and eating. I especially love the conference room and meeting friends there to eat and study.” 

Luna Bakery and Cafe is another local place to get coffee and food. They are located right outside of Solon and offer a variety of sweet and savory foods with hand crafted coffee.

There are a variety of stores to go to and get coffee. There are different drinks, foods, and experiences at each location. Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Luna Bakery and Cafe, and Panera are all quick and easy places to get coffee in Solon.