Izzy Levy’s take on new school policies for the 2021-2022 school year

Izzy Levy: Solon High School Senior

Izzy Levy: Solon High School Senior

Lily Kniahynckyj, Contributing Writer

A new school year calls for changes and improvements for everyone. As Solon High School embarks on the 2021-2022 school year, new and improved policies were constructed around the needs and wants of the Solon students and staff members. Solon High School senior, Izzy Levy answers questions regarding the new school policies– new phone policy, parking policy and free lunch policy.

Q: How do you feel about the new parking policy, where there are no assigned spots?

A: I feel like sometimes it’s a little hectic, I have other things to do after school like work, dance and cheer, so it’s easier when I can park closer [to the exit] and get out faster.

Q: Have you noticed there to be more or less traffic with the new change?

A: I think that there is more traffic as well this year. I typically leave around 7:15 in order to avoid the traffic that’s on Aurora.

Q: Is the new phone policy beneficial to your focus in class or is it more distracting?

A: I really like [the policy] because I feel like it makes school less strict, like people actually enjoy coming to school because people get more freedom and time to rest their brains from just focusing all the time.

Q: Do you feel more or less in touch with your phone because of the pandemic?

A: I feel like I definitely am more in touch with my phone now because it was really hard when I was stuck at home in March 2020. It was really easy to just go on my phone all the time.

Q: How do you feel about students being able to get a free lunch?

A: I think it’s pretty good because I think now that there is free lunch it kind of influences kids to go in the lunch line. I think that it’s definitely really helpful.

Solon High School changes and creates policies to make sure students and staff have a successful and safe 2021-2022 school year.