Snack line desserts ranked

Ashlyn Lally, Contributing Writer

After a year and a half of missing out on the school’s tasty treats in the middle lunch line, the desserts have made a remarkable return. Many students line up daily for everything in the snack line, including cookies, Rice Krispies, drinks and more. The snack line in SHS is a heavily trafficked area when it comes to lunch time. Many people choose a snack they get every day or a few times a week out of that line. Here is a sneak peek into the ranking of desserts from least favorite (regular Rice Krispy treats) to most favorite (rainbow Rice Krispy treats).

#5 Rice Krispy Treats

SHS Rice Krispy Treat. (Ashlyn Lally)

In last or fifth place we have the regular Rice Krispy treats that the lunch line hands out in singles. This dessert is usually good when buying them from the store, but the lunch line Rice Krispies are not as flavorful and delicious as the store bought ones. This might be due to the fact that the store bought Rice Krispies contain more sugar than the lunch line because the school tries to stay on the healthier side. The portion size is pretty big for the Rice Krispies, as they only cost $.85. The Rice Krispies by all means are enjoyable, a great choice to choose out of the lunch line, but usually most people’s last choice.

SHS sugar cookie. (Ashly)

#4 Sugar Cookie

The dessert landing in fourth place are the sugar cookies with sprinkles. These are pleasing to the eye and look delicious. They are pretty thin and semi hard around the edges but the middle of the cookie is moist and delicious. For sugar cookies, these are a little bit bland, but they have enough flavor to be loved by students here at SHS. The lunch line usually doesn’t have a large supply of these in the cafeteria, which could mean that not many students choose to purchase them. All the cookies in the lunch line are $1 and for this price the cookies are pretty good, but not the best choice out of all the cookie options that the snack line offers.

#3 M and M Cookies

SHS M&M cookie. (Ashlyn Lally)

M and M cookies are delicious, but they were booted to third place only due to the fact that number one and two are out of this world amazing. These cookies have been a secret that many people don’t even realize are on the shelves because they blend in so well with the chocolate chip cookies. They are relatively close to feeling like store bought cookies. They taste great and are fairly moist, which gives props to the saran wrap that goes around each cookie. The M and Ms are spread well throughout and in every bite you can taste one. This is one of the best choices of snack out of the snack line in the cafeteria.

#2 Chocolate Chip Cookie

SHS chocolate chip cookies. (Ashlyn Lally)

And second best, the chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are scrumptious. Each cookie that is bought out of the lunch line is always moist and has a great amount of chocolate in each bite. The top and middle shelves in the snack line are filled with chocolate chip cookies because they are a fan favorite by all students in the school. For $1 these cookies deliver joy and happiness in each bite. Many people don’t buy just one cookie but maybe even two a day because they are so addictive. This is the perfect snack to purchase and eat after any kind of lunch that students might consume. If the first place winner wasn’t a thing, this cookie would win by a long shot.

#1 Rainbow Rice Krispies

SHS rainbow rice krispies. (Ashlyn Lally)

The long awaited first place winner is… the rainbow Rice Krispies that pop up randomly in the line. These puppies sell fast, and the snack line only provides them a couple times a week, but they are the most delicious snack, and they are the biggest portion size out of all the desserts in the line. Each cup that is bought contains eight pieces for only $1.75. The rainbow Rice Krispies are extremely flavorful and more sticky than the last place Rice Krispies. They give a good combination of crispy and soft by combining the fruity pebbles, Rice Krispies and marshmallow. They are a fan favorite of many of the SHS students. This snack by far deserves first place and will never be overrated because it has shown to be the best dessert that a lot of people enjoy in school.

Overall, every dessert in the snack line is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed by all students. Next time you’re in the cafeteria you know which dessert to choose, buy the delicious rainbow rice krispies.