Fall in love with these Autumn shoes

There’s a chill in the air, the falling leaves are all types of shades. Fall has come. Fall is the time to snuggle up and bring out all your neutral tone sweaters and hoodies to combine with your fuzziest socks. But what about shoes?

Uggs

For the 2023 fall season, the first shoe I think of is Uggs. Some of the most popular are Ugg Minis, Ultra Minis, and Tasman Slippers. Uggs are typically extremely fuzzy and warm inside the shoe, as they are fleece and the outside is sheepskin. The most common color I see is the cheasnut brown. Uggs came back in style around fall of 2022, after they were last popular in the 2000’s to 2010’s. They are extremely versatile and very warm for the Ohio fall season.

Doc Martens

If you aren’t an Ugg person, maybe another boot you’d like are Doc Martens. A perfect pair for the season are the Faux Fur lined collection. To match the fall leaves, a dark red color is perfect. But, there are so many styles, if not a boot, try a Mary Jane or an Oxford. Although Doc Martens can be hard to break in because they are very stiff, fall is the perfect time to do that. I love to see Doc Martens with dainty dresses and sweaters just to create a more casual outfit. You could wear fuzzy socks to make them extra warm and to lessen the blisters.

Adidas

A sneaker that I think is perfect for fall is Adidas Sambas. They were originally made for indoor soccer but recently became a cute shoe for anytime anywhere. I especially think the black pair is perfect for fall but the white colorway is equally as fashionable. There are also green and tan pairs, however, they seem to be less popular. Black and white shoes are great to match the fall colors but also once we transition into other seasons, they still work. Another honorable mention from Adidas would be the Gazelles. These come in a plethora of colors, but the burnt orange would fit the season perfectly. The suede on both the Gazelles and Sambas are what really make them a great fit for a fall sneaker. They give them that cozy fuzzy feeling that you think of when you think of fall. I think both the Gazelles and Sambas are suitable for any casual outfit.

Birkenstocks

Birkenstock Boston Clogs are also an autumnal shoe. Another suede shoe, but not a sneaker. I must say at first I wasn’t a fan of this shoe, but now I find myself wanting them. My favorite way people wear them is with some baggy jeans and an oversized cream sweater. The open back of the clog wouldn’t seem too warm, but the Boston Shearling pair has the fuzzy shearling inside, similar to the material inside Uggs. I imagine with some thicker socks it would warm someone up just fine. They come in so many colors too, and two materials, suede, of course, and leather.

The Ugg Minis are personally my favorite shoe for fall. They look perfect with sweatpants and an oversized hoodie or even jeans and a chunky sweater. If Uggs don’t match your fall aesthetic, any of these are a great choice as well. Fall is the perfect time to wear your most snug and favorite pair of shoes.