Annual Art Auction set to benefit Bellefaire JCB

Avantika Pai, Staff Writer

The National Art Honor Society and Intrinsic Art Club will hold the Annual Art Auction on May 20 from 6-8 p.m. at the Solon High School.

The National Art Honor Society and Intrinsic Art Club have worked on several projects around the school and community throughout the school year. Photo courtesy of Disha Patel.

SHS students in the art club have worked on the pieces throughout the year and will sell their art through a bidding process. There will also be a silent auction featuring pieces from local artists from Cleveland. The auction will showcase a variety of art mediums, such as photography, paintings, ceramics and digital art. Proceeds from the auction will go towards Bellefaire JCB, a mental health service for children that the art club has worked with before.

Senior Disha Patel will contribute a painting to the auction that illustrates a cafe during the holidays. According to Patel, she focused on the lighting, reflections and shadows during the painting process.

Disha Patel, along with several other students in art club, have created pieces to sell at the auction.

“I’m excited because this is the first time I have submitted art to the auction, but I’m also nervous since it’ll reach a large audience,” Patel said.

Senior Jahnavi Roychowdhury has said she will also contribute a piece–a digital drawing of a flower that includes a unique circular pattern.

Jahnavi Roychowdhury will also submit an art piece to the auction–a digital painting of a flower.

Roychowdhury has said that visitors can expect a wide variety of art pieces, as well as music and food.

According to Roychowdhury, “It’ll be a great experience for the community to connect with student and local artists to support a good cause.”