Spirit Week set to begin on Tuesday

Spirit Week set to begin on Tuesday

The week before homecoming is an eventful one at Solon High School. The annual Spirit Week raises student spirit for homecoming and is organized by the SHS Student Council (STUCO).

After weeks of anticipation, the student council (STUCO) announced the following themes in the order of the week: Disney vs Pixar, Barbie vs Oppenheimer, Class Colors, Comfy out.

Co-President of STUCO, Praise Fujamde, said STUCO keeps in mind current trends when picking themes.

“The Barbie movie just came out over the summer so it’s a very on par trendy theme to pick,” Fujamde said. “So that’s something that we prioritize to raise our spirits.”

Between homecoming and football games, advisor Sean Fisher believes school spirit is vital.

“I think it’s a good way to start the school year, to get everybody excited and build school spirit,” Fisher said. “Not only for the football game on Friday night, but also for the dance on Saturday.”

Noah Prample, a member of STUCO, also finds importance in spirit week to students.

“I would say it just brings people together because it’s not just like raising spirit, it’s finding something in common with each other,” said Prample

Senior Jennifer Martel said she is most excited for the Disney vs Pixar theme.

“It gives students a good way to step out of their comfort zones,” says Martell. “No one wears red overalls and gloves normally, so it’s nice to be eccentric as well as being reminiscent of childhood.”

Hilary Meyer also enjoys the idea of nostalgia, but also wants to prioritize comfort when choosing a theme.

“My favorite theme is the comfy out because who doesn’t want to come to school in pajamas,” Meyer said. “This theme also reminds me of being a kid and getting excited to go to school in your pajamas, so it’s kinda a full circle moment for me as a senior.”