Grab your hats and try not to lose your minds for prom and after prom

Setara Reddy, Staff Writer

SHS is hosting an “Alice in Wonderland” themed prom and after-prom for the class of 2023. With whimsical decorations and many fun activities planned, the school is working hard to make this a memorable event for this year.

Prom will be held at the Signature Clubhouse, on Saturday, May 13. Dinner starts at 7 p.m. Dancing begins at 8:15 p.m. and lasts until 10:30 p.m. Students will need to arrive before 8 p.m. to be admitted. Tickets are no longer for sale.

Cynthia Russell, who is in charge of prom, said she is working hard to make this a magical evening for students.

“The seniors and myself have been working on making china teacups and teapot centerpieces sparked a lot of enthusiasm,” Russell said. “A mystery guest is coming to provide entertainment and special treats.”

The PTA is planning after prom. Michelle Shene, who is a part of the PTA, said there will be three escape rooms, and the high school will be unrecognizable.

“Kids show up, they have fun, I’m excited to see that when [students] walk into the school and not know where you are, it’s completely transformed,” Shene said.

After prom will start at 11 p.m. and end at 2:30 a.m. Tickets can be bought online and at the doors the day of. There will be food and “Alice in Wonderland” movies playing at night.

Student Robert Kremer said he is excited for after prom.

“After prom is where a lot of people are going to let loose,” said Kremer “The games sound fun, and ending school off on a good note.”